Wednesday, April 1, 2009

To the Bay!

Brian, Joey, and I headed out to Alameda / SF yesterday to check out Nike Q3 and hang out. Thought we'd share the day's events.

It was Joey's birthday, which apparently meant he drinks hot chocolate with every meal. I guess it's a family tradition or something. I know...weird.



Finished up breakfast, hit starbucks (where Joey got another hot chocolate w/ extra sprinkles), and got on the road. Stopped off at the Nike offices / showroom in Alameda to check the Fall / Winter line. Now, I'm admittedly not a huge Nike fan. I think it's for the same reasons that I like to pretend to not like The Sopranos, or The Godfather, 'cause EVERYONE else likes it. I'm not really into dunks, and I never got the whole SB thing, but I was absolutely blown away at what we saw. The line looks incredible. Blazers, AM 90's, even Cortez' looked on point. Maybe my favorite shoe from Nike, the Air Moire, hasn't made a comeback into the Indie line yet, but our rep, Burt, tipped me on to a Tier 0 release from a couple months back that fused the Moire with a AM 90 / Free sole (Called the AM 90 Current), as well as a source that may still have a couple. More on that later...

After Nike we rolled to Post / Van Ness to show Joey The Hundreds and HUF. He was impressed. Afterwards, we walked to Pearls for the bomb hamburgers. And by "the bomb" I mean really good. Joey got a chocolate shake because hot chocolate wasn't available. Leaving Pearls we started walking to where we parked when we came across this:



Being Joey's birthday and all, we decided to sponsor him.



They talked for like 1/2 hour, and apparently, according to "Miss Julia", Joey will work with computers in some form in his future. We were amazed at the accuracy. Guess that's what you get for $10.

Rolled to the REBEL8 warehouse to say what's up to Joshy, Elisa and the crew. Saw the upcoming season and it looks dead on. Made our way back into the city to find Darkside Initiative. And the hunt was on for the elusive Air Max 90 Current.

Success!





Darkside Initiative (originally Nort/Recon) was pretty much the shit. Super nice guys, great stock (WTaps, Neighborhood, Acronym), all exclusive Japanese jawns. Grabbed a shop tee too for support, fresh packaging.



Started the long drive back to Sac, Joey slept like a baby.

- Gregg

No comments: